Monday, October 18, 2010

at the patch

We went to the same pumpkin patch as last year this past Sunday. Strange, thinking that last year I had to prop Kieran up against the pumpkins:) And this year he is drumming on them and yelling "BOO!" Man, she looks old. Aislynn, not me;) Kieran loooooooved the horses! He would giggle every time he touched it, it is the cutest thing. This kid has no fear of animals (well, no fear of anything really). There was a runaway goat and K so badly wanted to get down and chase it:) on the hayride: You might think from these pictures that it was great fun, and parts of it were. We weren't there for very long because there wasn't much to do and we weren't getting a pumpkin there because they were ridiculously overpriced. The hayride was the best part for all of us and Kieran loved running around and looking at the horses and pumpkins. We were about to paint a pumpkin, but then a little girl (about 2), got bit by a horse and her fingers were all mangled and broken:( I felt so bad for her and the reaction (or lack there of) of the people who own the stables kinda disgusted me, so we left with A throwing a fit:( But then we headed off to dinner and painted pumpkins at home, which worked out much better:)
I am sure you notice changes on the blog. More on that later...
Hope everyone enjoyed their weekend!

5 comments:

rebecca said...

what cute photos!

Mrs. Weddle said...

you blog looks like mine now. lol

so the pumpkin pictures look like you had a day full of fun. :) painting pumpkins sounds like fun ... we might have to do that, kailee is convinced that she needs to carve a pumpkin this year.

SnapScrapRepeat said...

GORGEOUS pumpkins (the kids and the orange orbs) in the patch, even if it was a short visit! :(

That story sounds horrible about the little girl!! Oh my - i nearly hit the floor - that is awful! But I am glad pumpkin painting was done in the safety of your home!

Shel said...

Yikes! What a horrific story!

Can I just say that I cannot believe how big your kids look?!?!?! WOW!

Brynne said...

I love all the pics! I wish I still lived close so I could go to the pumpkin patch too, hee hee, oh the adventures to cottondale, but they had awesome apple cider. I love A's pink tights, too cute and the pic of K behind pumpkin with fence in background is sooo good.