Sunday, February 27, 2011

oscar picks

For the past 3 years, Shaun and I have picked who we thought should/would win the Oscars. I have won all times:) Mainly because I got lucky on the categories that we were both totally guessing on. This year we decided to change it up a bit and only do the categories we knew about. What's also different about this year is that this is the year we are probably most informed about since we have seen a good bit of the movies that were nominated. Sooo, just for fun, here are our picks:

Best Picture
Shaun: The Social Network (but wants Inception to win)
Pam: The King's Speech (but wants The Fighter to win)


Best Actor
Shaun: Colin Firth
Pam: Colin Firth
**my honorable mention is James Franco in 127 Hours

Best Actress
Shaun: Natalie Portman
Pam: Annette Bening

Best Supporting Actor
Shaun: Christian Bale
Pam: Christian Bale
**honorable mention goes to John Hawkes in Winter's Bone (even though I really didn't like the movie...he was great in it)

Best Supporting Actress
Shaun: Amy Adams
Pam: Amy Adams
**honorable mention goes to Melissa Leo for The Fighter

Best Documentary
Shaun: Exit Through the Gift Shop
Pam: Inside Job (I want Exit Through the Gift Shop to win though!!!)
**See both of these, they are great-also see Gasland, another nominee.

Best Animated
Shaun: Toy Story 3
Pam: Toy Story 3
HANDS DOWN!

Best Direction
Shaun: The Social Network
Pam: The Social Network

Art Direction
Shaun-Inception
Pam-Alice in Wonderland

Sound Mixing, Sound Editing, Visual Effects, Best Original Screenplay, and Best Original Score
Shaun: Inception
Pam: Inception
5 different award categories but the same winner pick for all of them. That movie has to win something, right?!

Best Adapted Screenplay
Shaun: The Social Network
Pam: The Social Network

Cinematography
Shaun: Black Swan (wants Inception to win)
Pam: Inception

Costume Design
Shaun: True Grit
Pam: Alice in Wonderland

Film Editing
Shaun: 127 Hours
Pam: Black Swan

So there we are...what did you think about this year's movies?

3 comments:

Sherri said...

I think I haven't seen as many movies as you. Honestly, I may seriously only have seen 1% of the movies up for an award. Sad. Looks like you had quite a few picks right though :)

SnapScrapRepeat said...

I didn't "survive" the entire show, but I'm thinking Shaun might have taken the crown this year??

Shel said...

OMG! When and where did you find time to watch all of these movies? I saw Toy Story 3 and Inception. That's it. Didn't see any of the rest of the nominated movies. Yes, we don't get out much. Yes, we pretty much only see kid movies, but man, I wanna be like you!!!

I adore James Franco. I think he is super cute and he has a recurring guest starring role on my favorite soap, but he totally sucked as a host of the show! I was disappointed!!! What did you think of him?