Thursday, March 24, 2011

greek chicken and tomato pasta

A week or so ago, my friend Shel showed me this link. I haven't even begun to check all of them out, but I saw some blogs that I definitely need to add to my favorites list. One of them is The Hungry Housewife, where I found this recipe. All of us loved this. Kieran wouldn't eat the pasta, which was weird...but this guy, sometimes something he won't eat one day-he gobbles up the next. This even tasted really good cold. Make it, you will not be sorry.
Greek Chicken and Tomato Pasta (from The Hungry Housewife)

1.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
1 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp pepper
3/4 tsp dried oregano
1 tbsp olive oil
1.5 tbsp balsamic vinegar

1 pint of cherry tomatoes
3 cloves garlic, minced
(she also had 3 oz. of kalamata olives, pitted and sliced here...but I don't like olives so I didn't add them!)

1 box of farfalle pasta
2 tbsp butter
3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
pepper, salt to taste
3.5 oz crumbled feta cheese

1. In a medium bowl, combine the first 6 ingredients, cover, and marinate for 30 minutes to an hour.
2. Cook pasta according to package directions.
3. In a large saute pan, on medium high heat, saute chicken until no longer pink (about 5-7 minutes), Remove from pan and cover with foil to keep warm.
4. In the same pan, over medium heat, add cherry tomatoes and saute until they begin to burst. If pan starts to dry out, add a bit of chicken stock/broth. Add garlic (and olives if you are using them) and saute for about one more minute. Add to chicken mixture in bowl and recover to keep warm.
5. In the same pan, over medium high heat, add butter and extra virgin olive oil along with your cooked/drained pasta. Add salt and pepper to taste and saute for a few minutes until some of the noodles begin to get crispy. Add the chicken and tomato mixture, toss, and sprinkle with the feta cheese...then serve! 

2 comments:

Shel said...

I have not even begun to check them all out too. Too much to do and so little time.

This one sounds so delish and I have all of the ingredients at home right now. I don't think my kids will eat feta cheese. I did sneak it into their scrambled eggs this morn. (Shhhh.) But, I have to ask you something....Mushrooms and olives? Girl...I need to work on you!

SnapScrapRepeat said...

When I saw your title - I wanted to ask you if you had to find a chicken from Greece... hee hee!

But I really laughed at your olive comment! That is SO me - omitting the things I don't like and changing the recipes up. I'm so NOT a fan of Mushrooms OR Olives!!