Friday, May 20, 2011

photo friday

Hello! It's our first day of summer today and we have been lazy lazy bums this morning. It's so nice to know that the only thing we have to do today is go lounge by the pool with one of my friends from high school and her sweet little boy who are vacationing down here! We finally got my car back yesterday...there was a bad engine coil, then something was up with the distributor, and finally, the radiator needed to be replaced. 
So...I have been totally slacking on the photo posting, so here is a big chunk of the pictures I have taken over the last couple weeks:
This first group is from the beach a couple weekends ago. We went to our usual spot so we could play in the lake and while Shaun and Aislynn fished, Kieran was content to play in the shallow water and I was content taking pictures of him;)
watching a helicopter:)
giving the shrimp some fresh water;)
she took a break from fishing to come play...really she was torturing K in this picture, but you can't tell;)
Aislynn was digging in the shallow water when this guy came up from a spot she was playing in and totally freaked her out, causing her to exclaim she was never going in the water again (ha!). Shaun got him and Aislynn stuck her tongue out at him and called him a big bully...she showed him;)
Here are just a few random pictures...
K and his "popple"
snuggling with sissy's pillow pet...
good thing she didn't catch that or this picture might not have happened;)
The Easter Bunny had brought the chapter book version of Tangled, so we read a couple chapters each night before bed.
Here are the very few pictures we took at that wedding a couple weekends ago...
Cathy (Mimi) did Aislynn's hair and it looked soooooooo so good!
Here are some pictures from Mother's Day...
My hair is totally doing something weird in this picture...but A surprised me with a little flower and flower pot she had painted and a card, both she made at school. So sweet!
We took a little walk after dinner...
K enjoying his bath...he loves baths and every time it's time to get out, he is not very happy...at all...
Aislynn and Matthew, her carpool buddy from school. I think he will be the only kid from her class going to her school next year, so I am hoping they will be in the same class!

Then last Saturday I took the kids to the beach...we didn't stay too long because some clouds rolled in and I didn't want it to rain on us:) So we came home and swam in the pool, that way if it rained we could just run inside. Aislynn made sure to point out that it never did rain and we had to leave the beach;)
And then yesterday's graduation festivities.
This is Miss Jennifer. She left about a month ago, but surprised all of the kids at graduation:)
and Miss Barbara, the main teacher. I will admit that I became a little mushy during the slideshow of the pictures of the kids throughout the year. I just can't believe Aislynn is going to be a kindergartener next year and that this year went by so fast. It's one of the things people always said when I was pregnant, was how fast they grow up. After awhile I would just roll my eyes in my mind...but it is SO true. It seems like since I have become a mother, life is going by at light speed. So I guess I just need to embrace it and get excited for this next adventure, right? ;) And next weekend Kieran is going to be 2? *sigh*
I hope you all have a fantastic weekend and that summer will be starting for you soon as well!

7 comments:

SnapScrapRepeat said...

Pictures!? I need these placed in a gallery where I can comment on them one by one!! Love them all...ESP the kids and their sippy cup and the teachers and the beach and the...oh I love them all.

So, tangled in chapter book form...hmmm have you thought about starting the magic tree house series with A? Bet she would love the traveling around the world! I've been thinking of building a blog for parents and teachers with good reads - but I'd need help - maybe we should all become a team and post a book review once a week or two! Hmmmm...

Don't ask for more adventures. I'm struggling with this rapid growth rate. I can't swallow double digits but we are already living in it! Gulp!

Sherri said...

Love, love, love all the photos. There's one beach one in particular that could be a post card, in my opinion. Thanks for sharing. Have a great weekend Pam!

Lilith Eeckels said...

Oh gosh, I love all your photos. They are all so precious and capture every day life. I definitely need to get my camera out more.

Unknown said...

Your beach pics are absolutely fabulous!

Shel said...

Can you believe our babies are 2 already? Geesh! Time flies!!!

Love the pics from the wedding. You all look so perdy!! Heehee

OMG! When Lily graduated from Pre-K, they called the mothers up one at a time to accept a flower from the graduates. She handed me the flower and said a rehearsed line to me, "Thank you, Mommy for all you have done for me. I love you." I fell to the floor in tears, as did all of the mothers in the audience, the teachers and the directors for the pre-school. I don't know why! I was just overcome with this flood of emotion. I can totally relate with your story! :) xoxo

Kerri said...

Okay, don't think I'm weird but the beach in these pictures looks ALOT like my beach...Panama City Beach. Are you near here?

Pam said...

Kerry-Yep, too funny!! I live in Santa Rosa Beach (Seagrove). Shoot me an e-mail (on my sb resume page) if ya wanna talk more, I would love to find someone else that scrapbooks around here!