Sunday, February 26, 2012

oscar picks:)

You might remember this post from last year. Shaun and I are (well...were more so before kiddos) really into movies. Most of our dates were going to see movies and we sneak away to see them whenever we can get the chance, which unfortunately is not near enough;)





Last year I had seen all of the best picture nominees and Shaun saw 9 of the 10. This year we saw 4 (The Tree of Life, Midnight in Paris, The Artist, and The Descendants) of the 9 ( I am wondering why there aren't 10?). I personally think this was a bad year for movies...there were not that many that appealed to us...and one of the best movies we saw, Drive...was completely snubbed, if you ask me;) I still want to see Hugo and A Separation.


So....with 4 years of me winning our Oscar picks contest...let's see who shall win this year;)

Here are our picks:

Best Picture
Pam: The Artist
Shaun: The Artist
*We both loved this. We both loved The Tree of Life too. I think that is going into my favorite movie roster. I can't recommend it to everyone because parts of it are kinda out there...and I really did not like the end of the movie, but the middle is soooo so good. It captures being a parent and a sibling so beautifully:)


Best Actor
Pam: Jean Dujardin
Shaun: George Clooney (Shaun is going for the safe bet here...I will be kinda disappointed if George Clooney wins...he was fine in The Descendants, but nothing that out of the ordinary for him, I think.)


Best Actress
Pam: Meryl Streep
Shaun: Viola Davis


Best Supporting Actor
Pam: Christopher Plummer
Shaun: Christopher Plummer


Best Supporting Actress
Pam: Octavia Spencer
Shaun: Berenice Bejo (I want her to win!!)

Best Animated Feature
Pam: Rango
Shaun: Rango
*You better step up next year Pixar...see what Cars 2 got you? Nothing! I hope you learn from this!

Cinematography
Pam: The Tree of Life
Shaun: The Tree of Life

Art Direction
Pam: Hugo
Shaun: Hugo

Costume Design
Pam: Jane Eyre
Shaun: The Artist

Directing
Pam: The Artist
Shaun: The Artist
*Can you tell we loved this movie?!

Documentary Feature
Pam: Paradise Lost 3: Purgatory
Shaun: Pina

Documentary Short
Pam: Saving Face
Shaun: Baghdad

Film Editing
Pam: The Artist
Shaun: Hugo

Foreign Language
Pam: A Separation
Shaun: A Separation

Make-Up
Pam: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2
Shaun: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2

Original Score
Pam: The Artist
Shaun: Hugo

Original Song
Pam: Man or Muppet:)
Shaun: Man or Muppet
*Oh, how I hope this gets performed tonight;)

Animated Short
Pam: The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore
Shaun: The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore

Live Action Short
Pam: The Shore
Shaun: Pentecost

Sound Editing
Pam: Transformers: Dark of the Moon
Shaun: Drive

Sound Mixing
Pam: War Horse
Shaun: The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo

Visual Effects
Pam: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2
Shaun: Hugo

Writing (Adapted Screenplay)
Pam: Hugo
Shaun: Moneyball

Writing (Original Screenplay)
Pam: Midnight in Paris
Shaun: The Artist


That's all! Most of them are pure guesses since we hardly saw any of the movies nominated;) So we will see who gets lucky this year:)

What movies were your favorites from 2011?

2 comments:

Brynne said...

Ha Ha good luck!

SnapScrapRepeat said...

I watched a bit of the oscars, but didn't make it much past Cameron Diaz and jLo presenting. We didnt see many of the nominated films but C and I had a very difficult time with the Tree of Life. While we liked Midnight in Paris I'm not sure I would say it was the best film...

Looks like we will need to see the Artist sometime soon, though!