Monday, July 9, 2012

where i've been

I worked, worked, and worked all last week leading up to 4th of July. Then some of my family came in to town for a visit from 4th of July until Saturday. I still feel in vacation mode, we had such a wonderful time visiting with them. I never take as many photos as I intend to, but I'm okay with that:) Here are some from the visit:
Early on the 4th, we headed to Seaside (I was in the parade with the company that I work for and my Mom and Step-Dad took the kids to see it). The kids were so cute when they saw me. It was towards the end of the parade, so it was kinda backed up. We were stopped and they both ran up to me and gave me hugs and high fives...oh and they grabbed some extra candy...the perks of having a Mom in the parade?!
After my part was over, I found the kids to watch the rest of the parade.
She got a ton of beads:)
k, jessica, and uncle andrew

After we got home, it rained for awhile. We were trying to decide what to do for awhile, when the rain cleared up. It was still fairly cloudy, so we headed out to the pool to swim.
aislynn and james
This is Dexter, my brother's miniature dachshund. We got to watch him take his very first swim:
He was so cute, and although he really liked it, he enjoyed this better:

We played lots and lots of Marco Polo. Aislynn was in heaven having her uncles play with her in the pool:)
After grilling burgers and eating yummy food, we swam some more and headed out to see fireworks. 
The kids were so exhausted at this point, and Kieran fell asleep in the car on the way home. We did some sparklers for a very short time, but A burned her finger a little bit and wanted to stop.
It was James' birthday a couple of weeks ago, so we did a key lime pie to celebrate since we weren't there on his actual birthday. He had the official candle blower helper at his side;)

The next day was bright and sunny, so we headed to the beach.
Normally the water in June and July can be sort of yucky because of seaweed, but I think the bad storms we had in the last month cleared all of the water. It was crystal clear and gorgeous! Perfect temperature too! Does this picture look familiar? In the page I have posted below, there is a very similar picture. K loves Grandma's beach chairs!
 We played a little bit, while Jessica helped Aislynn look for some shells:

treasures
a group shot

We spent the rest of the day in the pool and went to a hibachi restaurant for dinner. That was a lot of fun! My Mom and James took the little kids home to bed and the big kids stayed out for a little bit;)

The next day we said good bye to Jessica and Andrew:
We went to Seaside to poke around the shops, eat lunch, and grab some ice cream. When we got back, we swam some more (and played more Marco Polo!).
 The kids teamed up on Uncle Phillip;)
I am telling you, I could so get used to these nights after dinner...kids in the pool, Shaun playing guitar for us, and some wine or a cocktail;)

The next day was Saturday and we said good bye to Phillip, Josh, and Dexter:
My Mom and James left soon after that and we are adjusting back into reality;) We had a great time with my family, I only wish my sister could have made it, but she was out conquering the world;)

Hope everyone had a great 4th and that you are enjoying an awesome summer thus far!

3 comments:

justem said...

Love the beach pictures! Looks like you've been having a lot of fun!

SnapScrapRepeat said...

Oh I LOVE family time! The entertaining and kicked back evenings are the best. So glad you had good holiday downtime.

I am outta here, so stockpile the scrappy goodness for when I get back...!!

Sherri said...

How wonderful. I so wish my family was close like that. Looks like you all had a blast.