Thursday, August 16, 2012

my lucky charm+news

Remember my Date Night page? My handsome guy must be my lucky charm or something, because I have had wonderful luck with that page;)
The day I uploaded it to the 2Peas gallery, it was the featured layout of the day:
It was also Soup Spotted on the Jillibean Soup blog yesterday;)

Soooooo...news. I am sad to say that as of October 1st, My Scrapbook Nook is closing it's doors. I am sad about this because the community there is amazing. I have met so many sweet and crazy-talented women that I am honored to call my friends. My time there opened up many doors for me in this industry and allowed me to connect with people I may not have ever connected with had it not been for the Nook. There will be one last kit in September, but the August kit is the last kit I am designing with.

Life is funny sometimes. After feeling a bit blue about the news announced at the Nook, I received 2 very happy e-mails. One of them I will have to wait a little bit more to tell you about, but the other I can share now:)

Jessica, the owner of the Scraptastic Kit Club, contacted me and offered me a spot on their design team. I took a look at their kits and their forum and responded with a YES! The kits are pretty awesome, there are 2 to choose from each month (or get both!) and they are a great value. I feel like such a lucky girl, the design team and community has been very welcoming and some of the other new design team members are some dear friends, so YAY!
I am looking forward to this new adventure and making some new friends and hoping old ones come and join us!

3 comments:

Lilith Eeckels said...

Thrilled to be a part of this with you and congrats for being spotted. I'm thinking Shaun is going to be promoted model of the year in your family ;). Sad to see the Nook go but happy we have found a new scrappy home. Can't wait to here the other piece of news:! Exciting!!!

beckyjune said...

Congratulations! I am sad, too, to see the Nook close but think it's great that so many of us may find a new home at the same place. I can't wait to find out your other scrappy news!

justem said...

Congrats on being featured and the new DT gigs!! :) yay!