Thursday, November 15, 2012

first day of fall tradition

I have a pumpkin pie baking as I type this. There are certain things I make every fall, pumpkin pie being one of them. I wanted to do something a little different with my pie this year and I needed to make sure it would be okay before Thanksgiving;) Another one of the things we make every fall is pumpkin bread. The last 2 years we have baked some the first day of fall, so this year Aislynn deemed this act as our first day of fall tradition.

yes ma'am.

I documented this using the Jillibean Soup Country Pumpkin Chowder line and my layout is on the Jillibean Soup blog today:
 
Pretty perfect fall colors in this line, wouldn't you say?!
Make sure you check out the other layouts the design team created HERE, and I shared our pumpkin bread recipe on my blog last year HERE;)

What are your fall traditions?
p.s. If my pie turns our like I hope...I'll be sure to share the recipe;)

4 comments:

Tracey said...

I love the design on this Pam!! Fantastic layout!!

Monique Liedtke said...

I've never ever baked a pumpkin pie but you make me want to start straight away! Love your page, love the combination of papers and colors!

Lilith Eeckels said...

Love the look of that bread. Would love to give it a go but we don't have canned pumpkin! Amazing layout!

Patricia Roebuck said...

Those papers are perfect with the photo. Love it!

I will check out your pumpkin bread recipe because mine never does right in the center...even when I put half the batter in, the center still came out not cooked all the way, but everything else was fine.

And I am bad, I use the Paula Deen ooey gooey pumpkin cake recipe. But I do love just plain pumpkin pie too!